Employment is expected to increase faster than average for special educators. Job prospects should be excellent because many districts report problems finding adequate numbers of licensed special education teachers.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2010-11 Edition, Bureau of Labor Statistics
Job recruiters at CEC 2014 can meet with qualified candidates, interview and hire special educators onsite, and receive one complimentary job posting on http://jobboard.specialedcareers.org/, CEC’s online job board, including free resume access.
Are you recruiting teachers?
• 84% of attendees think the CEC Expo is the place to be if you are looking for a teaching position.
• 76.3% of attendees feel it’s a good place to look for higher education faculty, administrative, and related service professional positions.
Are you recruiting university students?
• 12% of attendees are students studying special education.
• More than 5,000 people typically come to the convention, so there are a number of leads who may be ready for your program.
• As the demand increases for special educators, there will be more prospects ready for your program.
Student recruiters at CEC 2014 can:
• Answer questions about programs and eligibility requirements.
• Market your college or university personally.
• Meet candidates face-to-face.
• Help shape the future of special education.